Training Initiatives for Indigenous Adults in Regional and Remote Communities (TIFIARRC)
The TIFIARRC program is a joint initiative between the Australian Government (through the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations) and Queensland Government (through the Department of Education, Training and Employment) operating until 30 July 2011.
TIFIARRC provides funding for the development of projects which deliver the following outcomes:
- Attract and engage Indigenous adults from regional and remote communities in Queensland, in training that will open up employment opportunities that result in or links with Certificate Level II or higher qualifications. This includes, but is not limited to, the Australian Government's additional training places as part of the Skilling Australia for the Future policy. Download a copy on the mskills website.
- Provide support services to sustain Indigenous adult education and training including career advice, mentoring, transport and accommodation.
- Build diversity of the training market for Indigenous adults in regional and remote communities by increasing the capacity of existing providers or developing new community based providers to meet this special need; This may include minor capital works where appropriate;
- Training that addresses the regional, industry and community priorities;
- The development of culturally appropriate training and assessment models and/or training products and services which will engage Indigenous adults and promote successful outcomes which could include a range of flexible delivery approaches; and projects funded under this objective will need to include trials of the developed products within a regional and remote training context.
The target group is Indigenous working-age adults (18 years and over) residing in regional and remote areas of Queensland excluding the following locations:
- Greater Brisbane area
- Gold Coast-Tweed
- Sunshine Coast
Download the application form from the Indigenous Vocational Education and Training website.