​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Request old or replac​​ement records

Replacement completion or extract documents and other apprenticeship and traineeship records are available from the department for apprenticeships and traineeships completed in Queensland. Replacement records provided incur a fee of $19.35 payable to the department. Once the department receives your application, you will be contacted within 10 working days to discuss the records found, payment options and where the documentation should be forwarded to. No payment is required with the initial application.

​Applications can be made for the following documents from the Queensland Register of Apprenticeships and Traineeships:

Certified copy of completion​​ certi​​ficate or extract noting completion of apprenticeship or traineeship

A completion certificate is issued to apprentices and trainees by the department upon completion of their apprenticeship or traineeship. This certificate is separate from your qualification certificate which is issued by your training organisation (college).

If you are requesting a replacement completion certificate, the year in which you completed your apprenticeship or traineeship will determine whether a certified copy of that completion certificate or an extract from the register of apprenticeships and traineeship is issued.

Certified copy of i​​nde​​​ntures

Indentures were issued at the commencement of apprenticeships and signed off on successful completion. Indentures were issued for apprenticeships which commenced prior to the early 1980s.

Extract from the regis​​ter of appre​​nticeships and traineeship

Extracts can be provided to apprentices and trainees who completed partial training in Queensland and are wishing to seek credit to continue their apprenticeship or traineeship in another state or territory. Extracts will be issued if the apprenticeship/traineeship was not completed or the department has no other completion documentation.

While the department will endeavour to provide you with the documentation you have requested, we can not guarantee this as some historical records may be unavailable. In these circumstances, an officer of the department will contact you to discuss further options.

Requests for documentation which is older than 65 years (from date of completion/cancellation of apprenticeship) is also publicly available from Queensland State Archives.

Apply for replacement documents

If you are seeking replacement documentation/extracts for your own records, you will need to complete and send the apprenticeship/traineeship historical records form (PDF, 97KB)​. ​Please ensure you save this PDF locally on your computer before completing. This will ensure the copy you forward to the department has been filled out.

If you need to give permission for the department to release any information we find in relation to your request for replacement documents/extracts to a third party, you and that third party will need to complete the ATF-008 Authority to release information to a third party form on the Apprenticeship and traineeship forms page​ in addition to the above form and forward to the department. If you require information to be released to a third party, your application will not be processed until the department has received both forms.​

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY 3.0) (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/ )
Last updated
02 March 2018