Manufacturing and Engineering
The Manufacturing and Engineering Gateway to Industry Schools Program encourages partnerships between industry, government and community to build Queensland's manufacturing and engineering workforce for the future.
The program involves Queensland secondary schools engaging collaboratively with their respective local manufacturing and engineering enterprises, registered training organisations and universities to:
- raise the profile of careers in manufacturing and engineering
- provide professional development for teachers in the context of manufacturing and engineering
- develop and implement a range of manufacturing and engineering related activities across industrial technology and design, science, mathematics, English and other key learning curriculum areas
- create opportunities for work experience, structured work placements, school-based apprenticeships and traineeships, full-time apprenticeships, and pathways to university in preparation for trade, para-professional and professional careers
- celebrate and share student, teacher, school and industry experiences to ensure young people.
For more information on the Manufacturing and Engineering Gateway to Industry Schools Program, including details about current activities and projects, opportunities for students and teachers or how your school or business can get involved, visit the
QMI Solutions website or
contact the program manager.