Cancellation of the certificate of recognition
Under Section 89 of the
Further Education and Training Act 2014 (PDF, 1.2MB) (the Act), the Department of Education and Training may consider the cancellation of a group training organisation's (GTO's) certificate of recognition.
The department may consider the cancellation of a GTO's recognition if it is reasonably satisfied that one or more of the following groups applies:
- the organisation has not complied with a condition applying to its certificate of recognition
- the organisation has stopped operating at a GTO
- the organisation provided false or misleading information:
- when applying to be recognised as a GTO; or
- after the issue of its certificate of recognition.
A GTO aggrieved by a decision to cancel its certificate of recognition may apply to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) for a review of the decision as provided for under Section 167(1)(b) of the Act.