How to become a User Choice PQS
User Choice pre-qualified suppliers (PQS) are registered training organisations (RTOs) that the Queensland Government approves to deliver publicly-funded training and assessment services to apprentices and trainees.
PQS status is granted to successful applicants for the duration of the period specified in letters of authority, unless otherwise advised by the department.
How to apply
To apply, RTOs must complete and submit a PQS application through the department's
Purchasing Online (POL) system.
RTOs are required to nominate the qualification(s) they intend to deliver, as noted in the
User Choice Price List for delivery in Queensland.
As part of their application, RTOs must print two (2) VET Pre-qualified Supplier Agreements (for User Choice) (PDF, 616KB), complete the details required on the cover page, page three and the signature pages, and return them to DET.
For more information on how to apply, refer to the PQS application fact sheet (PDF, 291KB or
DOCX, 330KB) and the PQS application guide (PDF, 358KB or
Refer to the become a PQS page for information on approval to deliver other VET Investment Plan-subsidised qualifications, as listed on the Queensland Training Subsidies List.
RTOs must meet the following requirements to be eligible to apply for PQS status:
- have an active RTO registration status (as indicated on
- be registered to deliver full qualifications in Queensland under its scope of registration (as indicated on
www.training.gov.au) for the qualification it wishes to deliver under a funded program in Queensland
- have at least one vocational qualification on its scope of registration listed on the
User Choice Price List
- meet and adhere to the requirements of the relevant funding program and its policies
- meet the requirements of the PQS application process and agree to the terms and conditions contained within the VET Pre-qualified Supplier Agreement.
RTOs must also hold current registration or mutual recognition in Queensland, at the time of application, for the qualifications they would like to nominate for delivery.
How are applications evaluated?
The department assesses applications submitted for PQS status based on the following:
- the accuracy of responses to the application questions
- checking financial viability of the RTO's business to meet its obligations under the VET Pre-qualified Supplier Agreement
- reviewing the RTO's latest Queensland VET Quality Framework or Australian Quality Training Framework audit results
- reviewing compliance history in Queensland and nationally
- evidence of 12 month trading history in Queensland (i.e. evidence of delivery of training and assessment services in Queensland for a minimum of 12 months prior to applying for PQS status)
- considering training data and history of the RTO's previous training and assessment activity in Queensland and nationally
- evidence of employer/industry links in Queensland
- other information as required by the department.
What is the approval process?
PQS status will be granted upon approval of the RTO's application and subsequent execution of the VET Pre-qualified Supplier Agreement (for User Choice) by the department.
Applicants will be notified in writing of the department's decision.
Successful applicants will be advised on their letter of authority to commence delivery against the approved qualifications and will receive an executed VET Pre-qualified Supplier Agreement (for User Choice) for their records.
The department will publish information about PQS and their approved qualification(s) on the department's website.
Any training and assessment services delivered prior to the period specified on letters of authority cannot be claimed for, or receive payment for, under the VET Pre-qualified Supplier Agreement.
Operating as a PQS
PQS can commence delivering services in accordance with the terms and conditions of their PQS approval.
Individuals undertaking subsidised training must meet the eligibility requirements of the approved funding program(s).
There are no application fees or annual registration fees directly associated with the PQS system.
Key documents to become a User Choice PQS