Gateway to Industry Schools program governance
Key changes 2016 to 2018
A new framework has been developed to:
- enhance the program governance, efficiency and effectiveness
- incorporate clear objectives and related measureable outputs and outcomes.
Program Steering Committee
New governance arrangements include the establishment of a steering committee that will make recommendations to DET about:
- the process for reviewing industry mix
- the selection of service providers
- performance management considerations
- the return on investment.
Implementation of service agreements
Service agreement will typically be up to three calendar years.
These new arrangements are designed to:
- provide improved continuity to schools and industry service providers
- align program activity to the school calendar.
Profile and leadership
- Stronger industry profile
- Partnership requirements for participating schools
- Industry reference group established
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Service providers and participating schools will sign a MOU that sets out roles and contributions of each party including reporting requirements. A template is being developed and will be circulated for comments.
Stronger performance expectation
- Evidence of at least one partnership with the industry
- Formal relationship via MOU
Project application process
Schools must apply to participate. For more information on how to apply
contact the relevant service provider.