Trade Skills Assessment and Gap Training Program
The Trade Skills Assessment and Gap Training (TSAGT) Program gives eligible Queenslanders with substantial industry experience the opportunity to complete a priority trade qualification.
Accessed via User Choice pre-qualified suppliers (PQS), it funds trade skills assessments and the gap training required to gain an
The program involves:
- assessing the skills of experienced individuals who can demonstrate substantial competency in a priority trade qualification
- providing gap training of no more than 40 per cent of the funded competencies to complete the trade qualification.
In addition to supporting Queenslanders to achieve a priority trade qualification, the program aims to:
- minimise current and potential trade skills shortages
- address emerging trade skills needs in the economy or in communities
- support individual career advancement within industries.
To learn more about the program, its aims and participant eligibility, read the
TSAGT Program Policy.
2018-19 program now open
Funding requests under the 2018-19 TSAGT Program opened for eligible User Choice PQS on 1 July 2018.
Changes have been made to simplify access to TSAGT program funding. They include:
1. A simplified funding process for eligible User Choice PQS. An email containing brief information is all that is required for a PQS to apply.
2. PQS can apply for TSAGT Program funding any time during the 2018-19 financial year.
How to apply
User Choice PQS with an
eligible scope of registration simply need to send an email to
1. Subject line:
PQS request for TSAGT Program funding (2018-19)
2. All the
mandatory information listed below:
- PQS trading name
- TSAGT contact person
- Contact details
- Qualification(s) code and name
- Total number of participants.
Prior to sending your request for funding, it is important you read the
TSAGT Program Policy and
TSAGT Program VET Services Agreement to acknowledge program requirements and your responsibilities as a TSAGT Program provider in Queensland.
After receiving your request for TSAGT Program funding, the department will acknowledge receipt of your email, review your funding request and notify you of the outcome within three weeks.
2017-18 Trade Skills Assessment and Gap Training projects (PDF, 523KB)
2016-17 Trade Skills Assessment and Gap Training projects (PDF, 382KB)
Frequently asked questions
frequently asked questions about the TSAGT Program and applying for funding.