VET Pathways - professional development program for Queensland schools
The Department of Education and Training (DET) is delivering a professional development program for Queensland secondary schools: VET Pathways.
The program supports the key priorities of the DET Strategic Plan 2016-20:
- students engaged in learning, achieving and successfully transitioning to further education, training and work
- Queenslanders skilled to participate successfully in the economy and the broader community.
VET Pathways is addressing DET's Advancing education: An action plan for education in Queensland commitment to:
- supporting student success by providing career advice
- supporting students after they leave school to connect with further learning or employment
- working with students to select the VET course right for them using regional labour market data, university entry requirements and their education and training plans.
A series of professional development workshops for secondary school staff involved with providing career advice, outlining the VET opportunities available for their students, have been held by the department in all regions across the state.
A total of 42 workshops were held during 2016 and 2017. The workshops attracted 522 participants from 255 state and non-state schools across all regions of Queensland.
Industry workshop presentations
Industry sectors were invited to make presentations at workshops. While the content of these presentations was often specific to geographic regions, the presentations may be of interest and applicable to other regions. Please note the presentations are shared in the interest of sharing information, and do not reflect departmental policy (please refer to the
Agforce (PDF, 1.5MB) and
QAWN (PDF, 1.3MB)
Automotive (PDF, 712KB)
Community Services & Health (PDF, 1.2MB)
Brisbane & Gold Coast (PDF, 835KB) and
Brisbane & Sunshine Coast (PDF, 818KB)
Manufacturing (PDF, 1.8MB)
Ipswich (PDF, 259KB) and
North Brisbane (PDF, 254KB)
Spatial Information - Resources for Educators,
What is Spatial? and
Become a Surveyor (UK)
Tourism and Hospitality (PDF, 6MB)
Transport and Logistics (PDF, 463KB)
For further information contact us:
Phone: 1300 369 935.