The training system
The vocational education and training (VET) system delivers world class education and training services for individuals at every stage of their personal and professional development.
Great skills Real opportunities, the Queensland Government's reform action plan for further education and training, the needs of students and employers underpin the state's training system. This will enable every Queenslander to obtain great skills for real job opportunities and boost economic and social prosperity for all.
VET can provide you with the practical skills and knowledge you need to:
- enter the workforce for the first time
- return to the workforce
- gain an apprenticeship or traineeship
- enter tertiary study
- advance your professional development.
The Queensland Government is committed to creating a new training era characterised by:
- contestable training funding
- targeted investment based on industry advice
- closer alignment between training and the skills required for employment
- student choice and access
- certainty for training providers.
Read more about changes to the training system under the Queensland Government's five-year training reform action plan
Great skills Real opportunities or
visit the Queensland Government website.